California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant has been extended to Wednesday, January 13 at 11:59 p.m. The grant program will award $500 million in grants in two rounds of funding to small businesses, small nonprofits, sole proprietors and independent contractors with revenue of $2.5 million or less. The amount of the grant will range from $5,000 to $25,000 based on document annual revenue for the business. Unlike other grants, business owners with an ITIN are eligible.
Technical assistance partners can help with the application process in multiple languages.
Grant awards will be based on priority key factors, including:
- Geographic distribution based on COVID-19 health and safety restrictions following California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, county status and the new Regional Stay-at-Home Order which can be found at https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
- Industry sectors most impacted by the pandemic (i.e., retail, food and hospitality, health and wellness, personal care, etc.)
- Underserved small business groups (i.e., businesses majority owned and run on a daily basis by women, minorities/persons of color, or veterans and those businesses located in low-to-moderate income and rural communities)
Grant funds can be used for:
- Payroll and other employee expenses such as health care, certain types of paid leave and insurance
- Working capital
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Re-opening costs, including expenses to comply with COVID-19 guidelines (i.e., PPE supplies, testing, employee training, etc.)
It is a two-part application process, and businesses apply through Provider Partners discussed in the above paragraph. In Stage 1, businesses complete the online application, upload their most recent tax returns, and provide a copy of an acceptable government ID. If selected for funding, businesses will be sent an email requesting additional required documents.
For a complete list of eligibility requirements, grant fund usage guidelines and application guides for businesses and nonprofits, visit https://careliefgrant.com/